One of the basics of accordion playing and left and right brain splitting, this tutorial demonstrates how to coordinate your left and right hand when playing the accordion.
Below are some tips on beginning to play the accordion:
1. Get an accordion teacher.
2. Get a beginner piano learning book for adults. Learn the right-hand technique.
3. Learning the accordion takes time. Practice every day.
4. When learning a song, practice your left-hand and right-hand separately. Divide your time into RH technique, LH technique, and then hands together.
5. Practice a song SLOWLY, especially the first few times you play it. Don't play full tempo until you are comfortable with the song.